Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First days of school

We had two first days of school this year. Here is Bode on his first day of kindergarten. Max didn't want to be left out. As I was driving Bode to school he said, 'you can just drop me off mom.' Then when we got to class and found his seat he said, 'you can go mom, I am fine.' All the other kids seemed to want their moms around, but not Bode, he was in a hurry to have me leave. I never thought I would be the mom that cries the first day of kindergarten but I was holding back the tears the whole time and the fact that he didn't care if I was there made it a tiny bit worse.  'It' happened, he is over me.  He seems to be enjoying it and after two and a half weeks is still excited to go.  I am so proud of him and can't believe he has entered this new phase in his life.  After school everyday, when I ask him what his favorite thing about school that day was he says, "recess, I have recess in my head all day long, even when the teacher is teaching....



This is actually Max's 2nd day of preschool, he had a really hard time the first day and we never got pictures.  The first day went as follows:  started with Max not wanting to wear what I had out for him to wear.  I got a cute little plaid button up shirt and he refused to wear it saying that it was a church shirt.  Then he was mad at me on our way to take Bode and his friends to school so he completely undressed on the way home and threw a fit.  When we got home I realized that one of my tires was almost flat so I loaded up the three boys and headed to the tire store to fix it before Max had to be to school.  When we finished with that and finally got to preschool he threw a big fit because he didn't want girls in his preschool and it took me quite a while to convince him to stay.  It was actually very uncharacteristic of my sweet little Max.  I think he has liked it so far though, we will see how it goes:)  He still has a very strong opinion about what he wears which is funny to me because Bode never cared until about a year ago, but Max wants to wear what he wants to wear, which is fine.

And this is about a week later, when he finally got excited and wanted to take a school picture.  Man, he's cute! 
Just a proud mom, and I am crazy about my boys!!!!

No comments: